I have always had a passion for a variety of art & the process it takes to create each type. In 2010, I graduated cum laude from James Madison University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts. While I concentrated in graphic design, I put a heavy focus on printmaking. I own a small business called Off the Beaten Press, teach classes at a local art center & work full time as a senior product designer on a ux team.
I have found that the processes I utilize in the art I create relates back to the think, make, check pattern of design in my full time job. Art was my passport into the human-centered design world that I am now surrounded by. I am constantly working, learning and changing based on how the process went and the feedback I receive from others.
My resume can be downloaded below. Thanks for stopping by!
Product team: Search page
- Research & design – Working with my core team to conduct interviews, make page enhancements, form & prioritize team OKRs, and present findings & recommendations back to stakeholders.
- Iteration – Moving a product past it’s MVP stage by auditing current designs for usability and generating progressive experiments
- Creation – Discovering what should be built and breaking it into small steps.
- Collaboration – Building a strong product team while enhancing the overall design group through leadership and side of desk projects.
Product teams: Ecomm, Scheduling, Employer, Worker, SnagWork
- Research – conducting discovery & usability tests.
- Design – Translating discovery and testing findings into prototypes and fully executed interface designs. Visualizing user flows through wireframes and journey maps.
- Maintenance – Creating guidelines and establishing a holistic living
style guide that reflects brand standards & promotes best practices.
- Collaboration – Working with researchers, product managers and front end developers as part of multiple core teams.
- Designing and redesigning websites for desktop & mobile – working closely with PMs and Front End Developers
- maintaining & updating graphics across the different brand websites
- building, creating and maintaining the brand standards for all brands
- creating landing pages
- designing, cutting up, coding, and scheduling responsive emails daily for all brands
- designing print materials such as business cards, post cards, flyers, print ads, booklets, infographics & banner ups
- worked with several developers and brand managers
- designing (and sometimes building HTML & CSS) websites & general upkeep on existing sites
- working with developers and engineers on websites
- Updating WordPress PHP backend for clients
- designing print materials for conferences such as magazine ads, banner ups, and dvd packaging
- Owner | Off the Beaten Press | 2014-Present
- Instructor | Visual Art Center | July 2013-Present
- Freelance Designer | Obsessed Artist, Geoffrey Beene, etc. | January 2009-Present
- Barista | Starbucks | August 2007-May 2010
- UX Design – Wireframing / Personas / Interaction design / User flows / Journey maps / Prototyping / Sprints
- Visual Design – UI / Illustrations / Icons / Typography / Grid systems / Pattern libraries & design systems
- Research – Usability & Discovery
- Coding – HTML & CSS